Our cottage is presently set up with an art studio space and a bright cheery gallery in the back. We have gained an excellent reputation and have become a integral part of the Rose Blanche experience.
Rose Blanche, and specifically Parsons Point has a long history of artists residing here. Before me, there were two well-known Canadian artists living here seasonally, creating beautiful works inspired by the sights and sounds of the rock and the sea. These beautiful surroundings provide constant inspiration for the fused glass art pieces that I bring to life in my kiln back in Ontario during the winter. While here in Rose Blanche, I create pastels paintings in my small cottage studio that are inspired by the tremendous beauty around me.
Rose Blanche has a growing community of artisans, including a photographer, a potter, a stained glass artist, carvers, other painters, and dozens of crafters. Some have their own commercial outlets in the village, while others sell their work at the historic Lighthouse Craft Store.
For those that may be interested in carrying on this artistic history here on Parsons Point, I would be happy to discuss this opportunity in more detail.